The snazzy fifties. A decade of political, social and fashionable changes. I loved the 50s and the nostalgia--in a general sense--that it inspires. It was a decade of cool fashion and music. The end of the war, the beginning of a strong middle-class, the suburbs, hops, burger joints, bad boys and bad girls. The fifties was just fun--in theory of course.
What I am loving about this season--and the next few actually--is the resurgence of the fifties vibe and style, even the music. I saw it coming when Duffy's song was a hit, when red lips came back. It was just as carefree as the 80s.
When I was younger for Halloween, all I wanted to wear were poodle skirts and wing tips. I had a love for that era just like I loved the 20s and 40s. So enjoy the boards I have created and later today the posts for Brunettes will be up. Enjoy!
That 50s Style
1. ASOS Bustier Corset Top, ASOS
2. Deadly Dames Capri Pants, Pin Up Girl Clothing
3. Ady Ballerina Flat, Gabriella Rocha
4. Lightweight 3/4 Sleeve Cardigan, Old Navy
5. Apt 9 Crinkled Faux-Patent Leather Belt, Kohl's
6. Lelia Hobo Bag, Massimo Leather Florence
7. NY Designer Inspired 14K Gold Vermeil Celtic Key Triniti Pendant, Overstock Jeweler
8. 14K Goldfill Tri-Color Bangle, Overstock dot Com
9. Blooming Bling Ring, Forever 21
50s hairstyles are also making a comeback. If you do not believe check out this on the street London post at The Sartorialist
That 50s Hair
1. Katy Perry
2. Janelle Monae
3. Dita Von Teese
I personally do not like recreating a look to a tee, instead I like taking the bare bones of it and building upon it. Enjoy these makeup boards to go with the look.
That 50s Vibe Makeup
Use Bare Study Paint Pot as a base for all skin tones to keep your eye makeup for falling out and creasing on your lid.
50s Makeup for Medium Dark- Deep Dark Skin
1. Honey Lust E/S (on the lid), Mac Cosmetics
2. Embark E/S (in crease), Mac Cosmetics
3. Waveline Fluidline (winged out), Mac Cosmetics
4. Tea Petal Cream Blush, Mac Cosmetics
5. Narcisse Jumbo Lip Pencil, NYX Cosmetics
6. Anime Lip Tar, OCC Makeup
7. Dim Dum Plum Nail Polish, OPI
50s Makeup for Fair- Medium-Dark Skin
1. White Frost E/S (on lid), Mac Cosmetics
2. Cork E/S (in crease), Mac Cosmetics
3. Penultimate Rapid Black Liner (winged out), Mac Cosmetics
4. Brit Wit Creme Blush, Mac Cosmetics
5. Deep Red Jumbo Lip Pencil (from lip line to halfway up the lips), NYX Cosmetics
6. Show Orchid Lipstick (just in the center of lips), Mac Cosmetics
7. Love Alert Dazzle Glass, Mac Cosmetics
8. Dim Sum Plum Nail Polish, OPI
And enjoy these tunes!