As seen on the Spring 2011 runways, lace and frilly skirts are making a comeback. But some of us are prissy tomboys--namely me. So, I decided to put together a fantastic inspiration board for you all to show you how to toughen up the girly silhouettes--despite the lack of lace-- that are big this season. Who says we have to give up our spikes?
Leather and Lace Inspiration Board
1. Bad to the Bone Tank Top, Lipstick Monologues
2. Mesh and Chiffon Maxi Skirt, ASOS
3. Glitter Black Cut Out Peep Toe Pump, Top Shop
4. Jack Sparrow Skull Ring, Biker Ring Shop
5. Tendy Celeb Studded Antique Leather Bracelet, SheCool HeCool
6. Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Chest, Lunarrastar Jewelry
7. Apt 9 Crinkled Faux Patent Leather Belt, Kohl's
Make Up for Leather and Lace, French Smokey Eye
1. Black Bean Jumbo Eye Pencil, NYX Cosmetics
2. Coral Glow Jumbo Lip Pencil (for fair skin), Sephora Collection
3. LSS507 Lipstick (for darker skin), NYX Cosmetics
4. Russian Navy, OPI
And if you want to be even fun and funky try DS Magic from OPI
To Create the French Smokey Eye follow the steps below
Step 1- Take the Jumbo Eye Pencil and Draw a thick line across your lid starting at your lash line
Step 2- Take the Mac 252 Brush and blend the liner up to the crease
Step 3- Draw line with Jumbo pencil on bottom lash line and water line
Step 4- Use the Mac 217 Brush to blend out edges in the crease and smudge out edges on the bottom lash line
Step 5- Use mascara of choice to boost up your lashes and concealer under your eyes so that you don't look haggard. And voilà you have an easy, edgy, chic look for day or night. That should look like this..
And if you fancy being even more rock n roll, try this black leather jacket from Massimo's Leather Florence
Until Next week. Stay tuned for Makeup Basic for black women with red undertones! Bon Weekend!