I have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I am trying to prepare for a going away dinner party tonight at an Ethiopian Restaurant with some Italian friends so I have not been able to put together the brunette story board just yet. I will be working on it today before going out and have it by tomorrow afternoon.
I have so many things to teach you guys and I think are truly enjoying it. If you have any suggestions or questions about a technique send me an email or comment and I will get right on it.
So today is a continuation of the Color Blocking theme rocking the fashion world. I have put together another story with even cooler colors as well as two makeup boards. Usually, I do makeup boards based on skin tones but this time I did one based on eye shape which is a subject I will go over in a few weeks. First, I must cover all skin tones/hair color, eye color and then eye shape. Today's color blocking was inspired by the colors of a sunrise; red, hot pink and yellow. Be inspired..
Color Blocking 101
1. Double Breasted Blazer, Zara
2. Zip top, Zara
3. Moto Red 7/8ths Jeans, Top Shop
4. Sugar Mary Jane Platforms, Top Shop
5. Multi Chain Link Necklace, Kenneth Jay Lane
6. Bethany's Pink CZ Cocktail Ring, Emitations
If you do not like skinny jeans, try these boot cut linen Marissa pants by Victoria's Secret
Makeup For Almond Shaped Eyes
1. Silver Ring E/S (on lid, combine with a base for a better color payoff), Mac Cosmetics
2. Typographic E/S (outside corner of eye and crease), Mac Cosmetics
3. A Little Folie E/S (to blend out the crease and soften the crease color), Mac Cosmetics
4. Nylon E/S (under brow color), Mac Cosmetics
5. #36 lashes (these are perfect to add a natural fullness to lashes), Mac Cosmetics
6. Penultimate Rapid Black Liner (upper lash line winged out, lower lash and water line), Mac Cosmetics
7. Atomic Matte Lipstick, Illamasqua (avail online and participating Sephoras)
8. Collide Nail Varnish, Illamasqua
** Picture of eye makeup courtesy of Make Up Addict
Makeup for Asian or Hooded Eye Shape
1. Nylon E/S (tear duct and above crease), Mac Cosmetics
2. Knight Divine E/S (lid combined with a primer or base for better color payoff, lower lash line), Mac
3. Typographic E/S (outer corner and crease), Mac Cosmetics
** you can add a prime color to smooth out the edges in the crease
4. Zoom Fast Black Mascara (upper & lower lashes), Mac Cosmetics
5. #36 lashes, Mac Cosmetics
6. Penultimate Rapid Black Liner (upper lash line winged out and water line), Mac Cosmetics
7. Speak Louder Cremesheen, Mac Cosmetics
8. Passion Fruit Nail Polish, Orly
**I chose a gray smokey eye because I always feel that gray and pink together is rather preppy and I like the combination of the two colors. The lip color is a combo of pink, red and orange. It is very warm and spring-y color.